Simon Whistler joins us to talk about masterminds. Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich) defined masterminds as “A friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.” How are masterminds different from writers’ boards? How can you use them to increase your velocity in the world of self-publishing?
Simon Whistler’s podcast is called Rocking Self-Publishing. Simon interviews authors on what they did to achieve success in the world of self-publishing.
Podcasts Simon recommends:
- Joanna Penn’s The Creative Penn
- 10X Talk with Joe Polish and Dan Sullivan
- Sell More Books
- The Self Publishing Podcast
Other books and media discussed:
- Napoleon Hill, writer of the classic personal development and self-help book Think and Grow Rich. Hill introduced the concept of a mastermind
- You can read Chapter 10 of Think and Grow Rich online.
- Christine Kane is the business coach who runs business development masterminds (Hannah and Diane met in one).
- Six Thinking Hats: in the book by Edward de Bono, the concept of “six thinking hats” is that the brain can be challenged in six distinct ways, getting people to think about their issues in different ways.